DESCRIPTION - EP-8 is a synthetic polymer that viscosifies completion fluids for use in well completion. EP-8 is supplied as a water-in-oil emulsion. The emulsion contains 35 % active polymer by weight. EP-8 contains a surfactant that aids in inverting the emulsion when added to the completion fluid, allowing viscosity development. EP-8 can also be used as a friction reducer ahead of fluids in coil tubing.
• Liquid product that can be easily added to the completion fluid at controlled rates using current liquid additive systems.
• Polymer readily disperses and dissolves in the fluid, normally without other additives.
• High resulting viscosity of dissolved polymer allows lower concentrations of polymer to be used.
• Viscosity properties are not affected by other components in the fluid.
• EP-8 can be used in a variety of completion fluids.
• EP-8 does not need to be prehydrated. The product can be added “on the fly”.
• EP-8 upper temperature limit for this application has not been determined.
• Milky White to Straw Yellow Emulsion
• Organic Odor
• Activity – 35%
• Apparent Viscosity – less than or equal to 400 cP
• Specific Gravity – 1.02
• Packaged 50 gallons in 55 gallon open top drums
• Drum should be stirred before use
TO DOWNLOAD AND PRINT PDF CLICK HERE